Douay Bible - Ezekiel Chapter 11

Ezekiel 11:1
And the spirit lifted me up, and brought me into the east gate of the house of the Lord, which looketh towards the rising of the sun: and behold in the entry of the gate five and twenty men: and I saw in the midst of them Jezonias the son of Azur, and Pheltias the son of Banaias, princes of the people.

Ezekiel 11:2
And he said to me: Son of man, these are the men that study iniquity, and frame a wicked counsel in this city,

Ezekiel 11:3
Saying: Were not houses lately built? This city is the caldron, and we the flesh.

Ezekiel 11:4
Therefore prophesy against them, prophesy, thou son of man.

Ezekiel 11:5
And the spirit of the Lord fell upon me, and said to me: Speak: Thus saith the Lord: Thus have you spoken, O house of Israel, for I know the thoughts of your heart.

Ezekiel 11:6
You have killed a great many in this city, and you have filled the streets thereof with the slain.

Ezekiel 11:7
Therefore thus saith the Lord God: Your slain, whom you have laid in the midst thereof, they are the flesh, and this is the caldron: and I will bring you forth out of the midst thereof.

Ezekiel 11:8
You have feared the sword, and I will bring the sword upon you, saith the Lord God.

Ezekiel 11:9
And I will cast you out of the midst thereof, and I will deliver you into the hand of the enemies, and I will execute judgments upon you.

Ezekiel 11:10
You shall fall by the sword: I will judge you in the borders of Israel, and you shall know that I am the Lord.

Ezekiel 11:11
This shall not be as a caldron to you, and you shall not be as flesh in the midst thereof: I will judge you in the borders of Israel.

Ezekiel 11:12
And you shall know that I am the Lord: because you have not walked in my commandments, and have not done my judgments, but you have done according to the judgments of the nations that; are round about you.

Ezekiel 11:13
And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pheltias the son of Banaias died: and I fell down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice: and said: Alas, alas, alas, O Lord God: wilt thou make an end of all the remnant of Israel?

Ezekiel 11:14
And the word of the Lord came to me, saying:

Ezekiel 11:15
Son of man, thy brethren, thy brethren, thy kinsmen, and all the house of Israel, all they to whom the inhabitants of Jerusalem have said: Get ye far from the Lord, the land is given in possession to us.

Ezekiel 11:16
Therefore thus saith the Lord God: Because I have removed them far off among the Gentiles, and because I have scattered them among the countries: I will be to them a little sanctuary in the countries whither they are come.

Ezekiel 11:17
Therefore speak to them: Thus saith the Lord God: I will gather you from among the peoples, and assemble you out of the countries wherein you are scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.

Ezekiel 11:18
And they shall go in thither, and shall take away all the scandals, and all the abominations thereof from thence.

Ezekiel 11:19
And I will give them one heart, and will put a new spirit in their bowels: and I will take away the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh:

Ezekiel 11:20
That they may walk in my commandments, and keep my judgments, and do them: and that they may be my people, and I may be their God.

Ezekiel 11:21
But as for them whose heart walketh after their scandals and abominations, I will lay their way upon their head, saith the Lord God.

Ezekiel 11:22
And the cherubims lifted up their wings, and the wheels with them: and the glory of the God of Israel was over them.

Ezekiel 11:23
And the glory of the Lord went up from the midst of the city, and stood over the mount that is on the east side of the city.

Ezekiel 11:24
And the spirit lifted me up, and brought me into Chaldea, to them of the captivity, in vision, by the spirit of God: and the vision which I had seen was taken up from me.

Ezekiel 11:25
And I spoke to them of the captivity all the words of the Lord, which he had shewn me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Douay Bible - Jeremiah Chapter 26

Douay Bible - Proverbs Chapter 12

Douay Bible - Judith Chapter 11