Douay Bible - Job Chapter 16

Job 16:1
Then Job answered, and said:

Job 16:2
I have often heard such things as these: you are all troublesome comforters.

Job 16:3
Shall windy words have no end? or is it any trouble to thee to speak?

Job 16:4
I also could speak like you: and would God your soul were for my soul.

Job 16:5
I would comfort you also with words, and would wag my head over you.

Job 16:6
I would strengthen you with my mouth, and would move my lips, as sparing you.

Job 16:7
But what shall I do? If I speak, my pain will not rest: and if I hold my peace, it will not depart from me.

Job 16:8
But now my sorrow hath oppressed me, and all my limbs are brought to nothing.

Job 16:9
My wrinkles bear witness against me, and a false speaker riseth up against my face, contradicting me.

Job 16:10
He hath gathered together his fury against me, and threatening me he hath gnashed with his teeth upon me: my enemy hath beheld me with terrible eyes.

Job 16:11
They have opened their mouths upon me, and reproaching me they have struck me on the cheek, they are filled with my pains.

Job 16:12
God hath shut me up with the unjust man, and hath delivered me into the hands of the wicked.

Job 16:13
I that was formerly so wealthy, am all on a sudden broken to pieces: he hath taken me by my neck, he hath broken me, and hath set me up to be his mark.

Job 16:14
He hath compassed me round about with his lances, he hath wounded my loins, he hath not spared, and hath poured out my bowels on the earth.

Job 16:15
He hath torn me with wound upon wound, he hath rushed in upon me like a giant.

Job 16:16
I have sowed sackcloth upon my skin, and have covered my flesh with ashes.

Job 16:17
My face is swollen with weeping, and my eyelids are dim.

Job 16:18
These things have I suffered without the iniquity of my hand, when I offered pure prayers to God.

Job 16:19
O earth, cover not thou my blood, neither let my cry find a hiding place in thee.

Job 16:20
For behold my witness is in heaven, and he that knoweth my conscience is on high.

Job 16:21
My friends are full of words: my eye poureth out tears to God.

Job 16:22
And O that a man might so be judged with God, as the son of man is judged with his companion!

Job 16:23
For behold short years pass away and I am walking in a path by which l shall not return.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Douay Bible - Jeremiah Chapter 26

Douay Bible - Proverbs Chapter 12

Douay Bible - Judith Chapter 11