Douay Bible - Job Chapter 17

Job 17:1
My spirit shall be wasted, my days shall be shortened, and only the grave remaineth for me.

Job 17:2
I have not sinned, and my eye abideth in bitterness.

Job 17:3
Deliver me O Lord, and set me beside thee, and let any man’s hand fight against me.

Job 17:4
Thou hast set their heart far from understanding, therefore they shall not be exalted.

Job 17:5
He promiseth a prey to his companions, and the eyes of his children shall fail.

Job 17:6
He hath made me as it were a byword of the people, and I am an example before them.

Job 17:7
My eye is dim through indignation, and my limbs are brought as it were to nothing.

Job 17:8
The just shall be astonished at this, and the innocent shall be raised up against the hypocrite.

Job 17:9
And the just man shall hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger.

Job 17:10
Wherefore be you all converted, and come, and I shall not find among you any wise man.

Job 17:11
My days have passed away, my thoughts are dissipated, tormenting my heart.

Job 17:12
They have turned night into day, and after darkness I hope for light again.

Job 17:13
If I wait hell is my house, and I have made my bed in darkness.

Job 17:14
If I have said to rottenness: Thou art my father; to worms, my mother and my sister.

Job 17:15
Where is now then my expectation, and who considereth my patience?

Job 17:16
All that I have shall go down into the deepest pit: thinkest thou that there at least I shall have rest?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Douay Bible - Jeremiah Chapter 26

Douay Bible - Proverbs Chapter 12

Douay Bible - Judith Chapter 11