Douay Bible - Job Chapter 19

Job 19:1
Then Job answered , and said:

Job 19:2
How long do you afflict my soul, and break me in pieces with words?

Job 19:3
Behold, these ten times you confound me, and are not ashamed to oppress me.

Job 19:4
For if I have been ignorant, my ignorance shall be with me.

Job 19:5
But you have set yourselves up against me, and reprove me with my reproaches.

Job 19:6
At least now understand, that God hath not afflicted me with an equal judgment, and compassed me with his scourges.

Job 19:7
Behold I cry suffering violence, and no one will hear: I shall cry aloud, and there is none to judge.

Job 19:8
He hath hedged in my path round about, and I cannot pass, and in my way he hath set darkness.

Job 19:9
He hath stripped me of my glory, and hath taken the crown from my head.

Job 19:10
He hath destroyed me on every side, and I am lost, and he hath taken away my hope, as from a tree that is plucked up.

Job 19:11
His wrath is kindled against me, and he hath counted me as his enemy.

Job 19:12
His troops have come together, and have made themselves a way by me, and have besieged my tabernacle round about.

Job 19:13
He hath put my brethren far from me, and my acquaintance like strangers have departed from me.

Job 19:14
My kinsmen have forsaken me, and they that knew me, have forgotten me.

Job 19:15
They that dwelt in my house, and my maidservants have counted me a stranger, and I have been like an alien in their eyes.

Job 19:16
I called my servant, and he gave me no answer, I entreated him with my own mouth.

Job 19:17
My wife hath abhorred my breath, and I entreated the children of my womb.

Job 19:18
Even fools despise me; and when I gone from them, they spoke against me.

Job 19:19
They that were sometime my counsellors, have abhorred me: and he whom I love most is turned against me.

Job 19:20
The flesh being consumed. My bone hath cleaved to my skin, and nothing but lips are left about my teeth.

Job 19:21
Have pity on me, have pity on me, at least you my friends, because the hand of the Lord hath touched me.

Job 19:22
Why do you persecute me as God, and glut yourselves with my flesh?

Job 19:23
Who will grant me that my words may be written? Who will grant me that they may be marked down in a book?

Job 19:24
With an iron pen and in a plate of lead, or else be graven with an instrument in flint stone.

Job 19:25
For I know that my redeemer liveth, and in the last day I shall rise out of the earth.

Job 19:26
And I shall be clothed again with my skin, and in my flesh I will see my God.

Job 19:27
Whom I myself shall see, and my eyes shall behold, and not another: this my hope is laid up in my bosom.

Job 19:28
Why then do you say now: Let us persecute him, and let us find occasion of word against him?

Job 19:29
Flee then from the face of the sword, for the sword is the revenger of iniquities: and know ye that there is judgment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Douay Bible - Jeremiah Chapter 26

Douay Bible - Proverbs Chapter 12

Douay Bible - Judith Chapter 11