Douay Bible - Job Chapter 23

Job 23:1
Then Job answered, and said:

Job 23:2
Now also my words are in bitterness, and the hand of my scourge is more grievous than my mourning.

Job 23:3
Who will grant me that I might know and find him, and come even to his throne?

Job 23:4
I would set judgment before him, and would fill my mouth with complaints.

Job 23:5
That I might know the words that he would answer me, and understand what he would say to me.

Job 23:6
I would not that he should contend with me with much strength, nor overwhelm me with the weight of his greatness.

Job 23:7
Let him propose equity against me, and let my judgment come to victory.

Job 23:8
But if I go to the east, he appeareth not; if to the west, I shall not understand him.

Job 23:9
If to the left hand, what shall I do? I shall not take hold on him: if I turn myself to the right hand, I shall not see him.

Job 23:10
But he knoweth my way, and has tried me as gold that passeth through the fire:

Job 23:11
My foot hath followed his steps, I have kept his way, and have not declined from it.

Job 23:12
I have not departed from the commandments of his lips, and the words of his mouth I have hid in my bosom.

Job 23:13
For he is alone, and no man can turn away his thought: and whatsoever is soul hath desired, that hath he done.

Job 23:14
And when he shall have fulfilled his will in me, many other like things are also at hand with him.

Job 23:15
And therefore I am troubled at his presence, and when I consider him I am made pensive with fear.

Job 23:16
God hath softened my heart, and the almighty hath troubled me.

Job 23:17
For I have not perished because of the darkness that hangs over me, neither hath the mist covered my face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Douay Bible - Jeremiah Chapter 26

Douay Bible - Proverbs Chapter 12

Douay Bible - Judith Chapter 11