Douay Bible - Job Chapter 3

Job 3:1
After this Job opened his mouth, and cursed his day,

Job 3:2
and he said:

Job 3:3
Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said: A man child is conceived.

Job 3:4
Let that day be turned into darkness, let not God regard it from above, and let not the light shine upon it.

Job 3:5
Let darkness, and the shadow of death cover it, let a mist overspread it, and let it be wrapped up in bitterness.

Job 3:6
Let a darksome whirlwind seize upon that night, let it not be counted in the days of the year, nor numbered in the months.

Job 3:7
Let that night be solitary, and not worthy of praise.

Job 3:8
Let them curse it who curse the day. who are ready to raise up a leviathan:

Job 3:9
Let the stars be darkened with the mist thereof: let it expect light and not see it, nor the rising of the dawning of the day:

Job 3:10
Because it shut not up the doors of the womb that bore me, nor took away evils from my eyes.

Job 3:11
Why did I not die in the womb, why did I not perish when I came out of the belly?

Job 3:12
Why received upon the knees? why suckled at the breasts ?

Job 3:13
For now I should have been asleep and still, and should have rest in my sleep.

Job 3:14
With kings and consuls of the earth, who build themselves solitudes:

Job 3:15
Or with princes, that possess gold, and All their houses with silver:

Job 3:16
Or as a hidden untimely birth I should not be, or as they that being conceived have not seen the light.

Job 3:17
There the wicked cease from tumult, and there the wearied in strength are at rest.

Job 3:18
And they sometime bound together without disquiet, have not heard the voice of the oppressor.

Job 3:19
The small and great are there, and the servant is free from his master.

Job 3:20
Why is light given to him that is in misery, and life to them that are in bitterness of soul?

Job 3:21
That look for death, and it cometh not, as they that dig for a treasure:

Job 3:22
And they rejoice exceedingly when they have found the grave.

Job 3:23
To a man whose way is hidden, and God hath surrounded him with darkness?

Job 3:24
Before I eat I sigh: and as overflowing waters, so is my roaring:

Job 3:25
For the fear which I feared hath come upon me: and that which I was afraid of, hath befallen me.

Job 3:26
Have I not dissembled ? have I not kept silence ? have I not been quiet? and indignation is come upon me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Douay Bible - Jeremiah Chapter 26

Douay Bible - Proverbs Chapter 12

Douay Bible - Judith Chapter 11