Douay Bible - Job Chapter 33

Job 33:1
Hear therefore, O Job, my speeches, and hearken to all my words.

Job 33:2
Behold now I have opened my mouth, let my tongue speak within my jaws.

Job 33:3
My words are from my upright heart, and my lips shall speak a pure sentence.

Job 33:4
The spirit of God made me, and the breath of the Almighty gave me life.

Job 33:5
If thou canst, answer me, and stand up against my face.

Job 33:6
Behold God hath made me as well as thee, and of the same clay I also was formed.

Job 33:7
But yet let not my wonder terrify thee, and let not my eloquence be burdensome to thee.

Job 33:8
Now thou has said in my hearing, and I have heard the voice of thy words :

Job 33:9
I am clean, and without sin : I am unspotted, and there is no iniquity in me.

Job 33:10
Because he hath found complaints against me, therefore he hath counted me for his enemy.

Job 33:11
He hath put my feet in the stocks, he hath observed all my paths.

Job 33:12
Now this is the thing in which thou art not justified : I will answer thee, that God is greater than man.

Job 33:13
Dost thou strive against him, because he hath not answered thee to all words?

Job 33:14
God speaketh once, and repeateth not the selfsame thing the second time.

Job 33:15
By a dream in a vision by night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, and they are sleeping in their beds :

Job 33:16
Then he openeth the ears of men, and teaching instructeth them in what they are to learn.

Job 33:17
That he may withdraw a man from the things he is doing, and may deliver him from pride.

Job 33:18
Rescuing his soul from corruption : and his life from passing to the sword.

Job 33:19
He rebuketh also by sorrow in the bed, and he maketh all his bones to wither.

Job 33:20
Bread becometh abominable to him in his life, and to his soul the meat which before he desired.

Job 33:21
His flesh shall be consumed away, and his bones that were covered shall be made bare.

Job 33:22
His soul hath drawn near to corruption, and his life to the destroyers.

Job 33:23
If there shall be an angel speaking for him, one among thousands, to declare man’s uprightness,

Job 33:24
He shall have mercy on him, and shall say : Deliver him, that he may not go down to corruption : I have found wherein I may be merciful to him.

Job 33:25
His flesh is consumed with punishment, let him return to the days of his youth.

Job 33:26
He shall pray to God, and he will be gracious to him : and he shall see his face with joy, and he will render to man his justice.

Job 33:27
He shall look upon men, and shall say : I have sinned, and indeed I have offended, and I have not received what I have deserved.

Job 33:28
He hath delivered his soul from going into destruction, that it may live and see the light.

Job 33:29
Behold, all these things God worketh three times within every one.

Job 33:30
That he may withdraw their souls from corruption, and enlighten them with the light of the living.

Job 33:31
Attend, Job, and hearken to me : and hold thy peace, whilst I speak.

Job 33:32
But if thou hast any thing to say, answer me, speak : for I would have thee to appear just.

Job 33:33
And if thou have not, hear me : hold thy peace, and I will teach thee wisdom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Douay Bible - Jeremiah Chapter 26

Douay Bible - Proverbs Chapter 12

Douay Bible - Judith Chapter 11