Douay Bible - Job Chapter 6

Job 6:1
But Job answered, and said:

Job 6:2
O that my sins, whereby I have deserved wrath, and the calamity that I suffer, were weighed in a balance.

Job 6:3
As the sand of the sea this would appear heavier: therefore my words are full of sorrow :

Job 6:4
For the arrows of the Lord are in me, the rage whereof drinketh up my spirit, and the terrors of the Lord war against me.

Job 6:5
Will the wild ass bray when he hath grass? or will the ox low when he standeth before a full manger?

Job 6:6
Or can an unsavoury thing be eaten, that is not seasoned with salt? or can a man taste that which when tasted bringeth death?

Job 6:7
The things which before my soul would not touch, now, through anguish are my meats.

Job 6:8
Who will grant that my request may come: and that God may give me what I look for?

Job 6:9
And that he that hath begun may destroy me, that he may let loose his hand, and cut me off?

Job 6:10
And that this may be my comfort, that afflicting me with sorrow, he spare not, nor I contradict the words of the holy One.

Job 6:11
For what is my strength, that I can hold out? or what is my end that I should keep patience?

Job 6:12
My strength is not the strength of stones, nor is my flesh of brass.

Job 6:13
Behold there is no help for me in myself, and my familiar friends also are departed from me.

Job 6:14
He that taketh away mercy from his friend, forsaketh the fear of the Lord.

Job 6:15
My brethren have passed by me, as the torrent that passeth swiftly in the valleys.

Job 6:16
They that fear the hoary frost, the snow shall fall upon them.

Job 6:17
At the time when they shall be scattered they shall perish: and after it groweth hot they shall be melted out of their place.

Job 6:18
The paths of their steps are entangled: they shall walk in vain, and shall perish.

Job 6:19
Consider the paths of Thema, the ways of Saba, and wait a little while.

Job 6:20
They are confounded, because I have hoped: they are come also even unto me, and are covered with shame.

Job 6:21
Now you are come: and now seeing my affliction you are afraid.

Job 6:22
Did I say: Bring to me, and give me of your substance?

Job 6:23
Or deliver me from the hand of the enemy, and rescue me out of the hand of the mighty?

Job 6:24
Teach me, and I will hold my peace: and if I have been ignorant in any thing, instruct me.

Job 6:25
Why have you detracted the words of truth, whereas there is none of you that can reprove me?

Job 6:26
You dress up speeches only to rebuke, and you utter words to the wind.

Job 6:27
You rush in upon the fatherless, and you endeavour to overthrow your friend.

Job 6:28
However finish what you have begun, give ear, and see whether I lie.

Job 6:29
Answer, I beseech you, without contention: and speaking that which is just, judge ye.

Job 6:30
And you shall not And iniquity in my tongue, neither shall folly sound in my mouth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Douay Bible - Jeremiah Chapter 26

Douay Bible - Proverbs Chapter 12

Douay Bible - Judith Chapter 11