Douay Bible - Job Chapter 7

Job 7:1
The life of man upon earth is a warfare, and his days are like the days of a hireling.

Job 7:2
As a servant longeth for the shade, as the hireling looketh for the end of his work;

Job 7:3
So I also have had empty months, and have numbered to myself wearisome nights.

Job 7:4
If I lie down to sleep, I shall say: When shall arise? and again I shall look for the evening, and shall be filled with sorrows even till darkness.

Job 7:5
My flesh is clothed with rottenness and the filth of dust, my skin is withered and drawn together.

Job 7:6
My days have passed more swiftly than the web is cut by the weaver, and are consumed without any hope.

Job 7:7
Remember that my life is but wind, and my eyes shall not return to see good things.

Job 7:8
Nor shall the sight of man behold me: thy eyes are upon me, and I shall be no more.

Job 7:9
As a cloud is consumed, and passeth away: so he that shall go down to hell shall not come up.

Job 7:10
Nor shall he return my more into his house, neither shall his place know him any more.

Job 7:11
Wherefore I will not spare my month, I will speak in the affliction of my spirit: I will talk with the bitterness of my soul.

Job 7:12
Am I a sea, or a whale, that thou hast enclosed me in a prison?

Job 7:13
If I say: My bed shall comfort me, and I shall be relieved speaking with myself on my couch:

Job 7:14
Thou wilt frighten me with dreams and terrify me with visions.

Job 7:15
So that my soul rather chooseth hanging, and my bones death.

Job 7:16
I have done with hope, I shall now live no longer: spare me, for my days are nothing.

Job 7:17
What is a man that thou shouldst magnify him? or why dost thou set thy heart upon him?

Job 7:18
Thou visitest him early in the morning, and thou provest him suddenly.

Job 7:19
How long wilt thou not spare me, nor suffer me to swallow down my spittle?

Job 7:20
I have sinned: what shall I do to thee, O keeper of men? why hast thou set me opposite to thee, and I am become burdensome to myself?

Job 7:21
Why dost thou not remove my sin, and why dost thou not take away my iniquity? Behold now I shall sleep in the dust: and if thou seek me in the morning, I shall not be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Douay Bible - Jeremiah Chapter 26

Douay Bible - Proverbs Chapter 12

Douay Bible - Judith Chapter 11