Douay Bible - John Chapter 14

John 14:1
LET not your heart be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in me.

John 14:2
In my Father’s house there are many mansions. If not, I would have told you: because I go to prepare a place for you.

John 14:3
And if I shall go, and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will take you to myself; that where I am, you also may be.

John 14:4
And whither I go you know, and the way you know.

John 14:5
Thomas saith to him: Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

John 14:6
Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

John 14:7
If you had known me, you would without doubt have known my Father also: and from henceforth you shall know him, and you have seen him.

John 14:8
Philip saith to him: Lord, shew us the Father, and it is enough for us.

John 14:9
Jesus saith to him: Have I been so long a time with you; and have you not known me? Philip, he that seeth me seeth the father also. How sayest thou, Shew us the Father?

John 14:10
Do you not believe, that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak to you, I speak not of myself. But the Father who abideth in me, he doth the works.

John 14:11
Believe you not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?

John 14:12
Otherwise believe for the very works’ sake. Amen, Amen I say to you, he that believeth in me, the works that I do, he also shall do; and greater than these shall he do.

John 14:13
Because I go to the Father: and whatsoever you shall ask the Father in my name, that will I do: that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 14:14
If you shall ask me any thing in my name, that I will do.

John 14:15
If you love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:16
And I will ask the Father, and he shall give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you for ever.

John 14:17
The spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, nor knoweth him: but you shall know him; because he shall abide with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:18
I will not leave you orphans, I will come to you.

John 14:19
Yet a little while: and the world seeth me no more. But you see me: because I live, and you shall live.

John 14:20
In that day you shall know, that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them; he it is that loveth me. And he that loveth me, shall be loved of my Father: and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 14:22
Judas saith to him, not the Iscariot: Lord, how is it, that thou wilt manifest thyself to us, and not to the world?

John 14:23
Jesus answered, and said to him: If any one love me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him, and will make our abode with him.

John 14:24
He that loveth me not, keepeth not my words. And the word which you have heard, is not mine; but the Father’s who sent me.

John 14:25
These things have I spoken to you, abiding with you.

John 14:26
But the Paraclete, the holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring all things to your mind, whatsoever I shall have said to you.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, do I give unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid.

John 14:28
You have heard that I said to you: I go away, and I come unto you. If you loved me, you would indeed be glad, because I go to the Father: for the Father is greater than I.

John 14:29
And now I have told you before it comes to pass: that when it shall come to pass, you may believe.

John 14:30
I will not now speak many things with you. For the prince of this world cometh, and in me he hath not any thing.

John 14:31
But that the world may know, that I love the Father: and as the Father hath given me commandment, so do I: Arise, let us go hence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Douay Bible - Jeremiah Chapter 26

Douay Bible - Proverbs Chapter 12

Douay Bible - Judith Chapter 11