Douay Bible - John Chapter 15

John 15:1
I AM the true vine; and my father is the husbandman.

John 15:2
Every branch in me, that beareth not fruit, he will take away: and every one that beareth fruit, he will purge it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

John 15:3
Now you are clean by reason of the word, which I have spoken to you.

John 15:4
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abide in the vine, so neither can you, unless you abide in me.

John 15:5
I am the vine; you the branches: he that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing.

John 15:6
If any one abide not in me, he shall be cast forth as a branch, and shall wither, and they shall gather him up, and cast him into the fire, and he burneth.

John 15:7
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask whatever you will, and it shall be done unto you.

John 15:8
In this is my Father glorified; that you bring forth very much fruit, and become my disciples.

John 15:9
As the Father hath loved me, I also have loved you. Abide in my love.

John 15:10
If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; as I also have kept my Father’s commandments, and do abide in his love.

John 15:11
These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and your joy may be filled.

John 15:12
This is my commandment, that you love one another, as I have loved you.

John 15:13
Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

John 15:14
You are my friends, if you do the things that I command you.

John 15:15
I will not now call you servants: for the servant knoweth not what his lord doth. But I have called you friends: because all things whatsoever I have heard of my Father, I have made known to you.

John 15:16
You have not chosen me: but I have chosen you; and have appointed you, that you should go, and should bring forth fruit; and your fruit should remain: that whatsoever you shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

John 15:17
These things I command you, that you love one another.

John 15:18
If the world hate you, know ye, that it hath hated me before you.

John 15:19
If you had been of the world, the world would love its own: but because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

John 15:20
Remember my word that I said to you: The servant is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you: if they have kept my word, they will keep yours also.

John 15:21
But all these things they will do to you for my name’s sake: because they know not him who sent me.

John 15:22
If I had not come, and spoken to them, they would not have sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin.

John 15:23
He that hateth me, hateth my Father also.

John 15:24
If I had not done among them the works that no other man hath done, they would not have sin; but now they have both seen and hated both me and my Father.

John 15:25
But that the word may be fulfilled which is written in their law: They hated me without cause.

John 15:26
But when the Paraclete cometh, whom I will send you from the Father, the spirit of truth, who proceedeth from the Father, he shall give testimony of me.

John 15:27
And you shall give testimony, because you are with me from the beginning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Douay Bible - Jeremiah Chapter 26

Douay Bible - Proverbs Chapter 12

Douay Bible - Judith Chapter 11