Douay Bible - Matthew Chapter 25

Matthew 25:1
THEN shall the kingdom of heaven be like to ten virgins, who taking their lamps went out to meet the bridegroom and the bride.

Matthew 25:2
And five of them were foolish, and five wise.

Matthew 25:3
But the five foolish, having taken their lamps, did not take oil with them:

Matthew 25:4
But the wise took oil in their vessels with the lamps.

Matthew 25:5
And the bridegroom tarrying, they all slumbered and slept.

Matthew 25:6
And at midnight there was a cry made: Behold the bridegroom cometh, go ye forth to meet him.

Matthew 25:7
Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.

Matthew 25:8
And the foolish said to the wise: Give us of your oil, for our lamps are gone out.

Matthew 25:9
The wise answered, saying: lest perhaps there be not enough for us and for you, go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

Matthew 25:10
Now whilst they went to buy, the bridegroom came: and they that were ready, went in with him to the marriage, and the door was shut.

Matthew 25:11
But at last come also the other virgins, saying: Lord, Lord, open to us.

Matthew 25:12
But he answering said: Amen I say to you, I know you not.

Matthew 25:13
Watch ye therefore, because you know not the day nor the hour.

Matthew 25:14
For even as a man going into a far country, called his servants, and delivered to them his goods;

Matthew 25:15
And to one he gave five talents, and to another two, and to another one, to every one according to his proper ability: and immediately he took his journey.

Matthew 25:16
And he that had received the five talents, went his way, and traded with the same, and gained other five.

Matthew 25:17
And in like manner he that had received the two, gained other two.

Matthew 25:18
But he that had received the one, going his way digged into the earth, and hid his lord’s money.

Matthew 25:19
But after a long time the lord of those servants came, and reckoned with them.

Matthew 25:20
And he that had received the five talents coming, brought other five talents, saying: Lord, thou didst deliver to me five talents, behold I have gained other five over and above.

Matthew 25:21
His lord said to him: Well done, good and faithful servant, because thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will place thee over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Matthew 25:22
And he also that had received the two talents came and said: Lord, thou deliveredst two talents to me: behold I have gained other two.

Matthew 25:23
His lord said to him: Well done, good and faithful servant: because thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will place thee over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Matthew 25:24
But he that had received the one talent, came and said: Lord, I know that thou art a hard man; thou reapest where thou hast not sown, and gatherest where thou hast not strewed.

Matthew 25:25
And being afraid I went and hid thy talent in the earth: behold here thou hast that which is thine.

Matthew 25:26
And his lord answering, said to him: wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sow not, and gather where I have not strewed:

Matthew 25:27
Thou oughtest therefore to have committed my money to the bankers, and at my coming I should have received my own with usury.

Matthew 25:28
Take ye away therefore the talent from him, and give it to him that hath ten talents.

Matthew 25:29
For to every one that hath shall be given, and he shall abound: but from him that hath not, that also which he seemeth to have shall be taken away.

Matthew 25:30
And the unprofitable servant cast ye out into the exterior darkness. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 25:31
And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty.

Matthew 25:32
And all nations shall be gathered together before him, and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats:

Matthew 25:33
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.

Matthew 25:34
Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Matthew 25:35
For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in:

Matthew 25:36
Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me.

Matthew 25:37
Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink?

Matthew 25:38
And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee?

Matthew 25:39
Or when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee?

Matthew 25:40
And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

Matthew 25:41
Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels.

Matthew 25:42
For I was hungry, and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave me not to drink.

Matthew 25:43
I was a stranger, and you took me not in: naked, and you covered me not: sick and in prison, and you did not visit me.

Matthew 25:44
Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to thee?

Matthew 25:45
Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me.

Matthew 25:46
And these shall go into everlasting punishment: but the just, into life everlasting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Douay Bible - Jeremiah Chapter 26

Douay Bible - Proverbs Chapter 12

Douay Bible - Judith Chapter 11