Douay Bible - Philippians Chapter 2

Philippians 2:1
If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of charity, if any society of the spirit, if any bowels of commiseration:

Philippians 2:2
Fulfil ye my joy, that you may be of one mind, having the same charity, being of one accord, agreeing in sentiment.

Philippians 2:3
Let nothing be done through contention, neither by vain glory: but in humility, let each esteem others better than themselves:

Philippians 2:4
Each one not considering the things that are his own, but those that are other men’s.

Philippians 2:5
For let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 2:6
Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Philippians 2:7
But emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men, and in habit found as a man.

Philippians 2:8
He humbled himself, becoming obedient unto death, even to the death of the cross.

Philippians 2:9
For which cause God also hath exalted him, and hath given him a name which is above all names:

Philippians 2:10
That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those that are in heaven, on earth, and under the earth:

Philippians 2:11
And that every tongue should confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is in the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my dearly beloved, (as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but much more now in my absence,) with fear and trembling work out your salvation.

Philippians 2:13
For it is God who worketh in you, both to will and to accomplish, according to his good will.

Philippians 2:14
And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations;

Philippians 2:15
That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world.

Philippians 2:16
Holding forth the word of life to my glory in the day of Christ, because I have not run in vain, nor laboured in vain.

Philippians 2:17
Yea, and if I be made a victim upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I rejoice, and congratulate with you all.

Philippians 2:18
And for the selfsame thing do you also rejoice, and congratulate with me.

Philippians 2:19
And I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy unto you shortly, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know the things concerning you.

Philippians 2:20
For I have no man so of the same mind, who with sincere affection is solicitous for you.

Philippians 2:21
For all seek the things that are their own; not the things that are Jesus Christ’s.

Philippians 2:22
Now know ye the proof of him, that as a son with the father, so hath he served with me in the gospel.

Philippians 2:23
Him therefore I hope to send unto you immediately, so soon as I shall see how it will go with me.

Philippians 2:24
And I trust in the Lord, that I myself also shall come to you shortly.

Philippians 2:25
But I have thought it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother and fellow labourer, and fellow soldier, but your apostle, and he that hath ministered to my wants.

Philippians 2:26
For indeed he longed after you all: and was sad, for that you had heard that he was sick.

Philippians 2:27
For indeed he was sick, nigh unto death; but God had mercy on him; and not only on him, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

Philippians 2:28
Therefore I sent him the more speedily: that seeing him again, you may rejoice, and I may be without sorrow.

Philippians 2:29
Receive him therefore with all joy in the Lord; and treat with honour such as he is.

Philippians 2:30
Because for the work of Christ he came to the point of death: delivering his life, that he might fulfil that which on your part was wanting towards my service.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Douay Bible - Jeremiah Chapter 26

Douay Bible - Proverbs Chapter 12

Douay Bible - Judith Chapter 11