Douay Bible - Proverbs Chapter 8

Proverbs 8:1
Doth not wisdom cry aloud, and prudence put forth her voice ?

Proverbs 8:2
Standing in the top of the highest places by the way, in the midst of the paths.

Proverbs 8:3
Beside the gates of the city, in the very doors she speaketh, saying:

Proverbs 8:4
O ye men, to you I call, and my voice is to the sons of men.

Proverbs 8:5
O little ones, understand subtilty, and ye unwise, take notice.

Proverbs 8:6
Hear, for I will speak of great things: and my lips shall be opened to preach right things.

Proverbs 8:7
My mouth shall meditate truth, and my lips shall hate wickedness.

Proverbs 8:8
All my words are just, there is nothing wicked nor perverse in them.

Proverbs 8:9
They are right to them that understand, and just to them that find knowledge.

Proverbs 8:10
Receive my instruction, and not money: choose knowledge rather than gold.

Proverbs 8:11
11For wisdom is better than all the most precious things: and whatsoever may be desired cannot be compared to

Proverbs 8:12
I wisdom dwell in counsel, and am present in learned thoughts.

Proverbs 8:13
The fear of the Lord hateth evil: I hate arrogance, and pride, and every wicked way, and a mouth with a double tongue.

Proverbs 8:14
Counsel and equity is mine, prudence is mine, strength is mine.

Proverbs 8:15
By me kings reign, and lawgivers decree just things,

Proverbs 8:16
By me princes rule, and the mighty decree justice.

Proverbs 8:17
I love them that love me: and they that in the morning early watch for me, shall find me.

Proverbs 8:18
With me are riches and glory, glorious riches and justice.

Proverbs 8:19
For my fruit is better than gold and the precious stone, and my blossoms than choice silver.

Proverbs 8:20
I walk in the way of justice, in the midst of the paths of judgment,

Proverbs 8:21
That I may enrich them that love me, and may fill their treasures.

Proverbs 8:22
The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his ways, before he made any thing from the beginning.

Proverbs 8:23
I was set up from eternity, and of old before the earth was made.

Proverbs 8:24
The depths were not as yet, and I was already conceived. neither had the fountains of waters as yet sprung out:

Proverbs 8:25
The mountains with their huge bulk had not as yet been established: before the hills I was brought forth:

Proverbs 8:26
He had not yet made the earth, nor the rivers, nor the poles of the world.

Proverbs 8:27
When he prepared the heavens, I was present: when with a certain law and compass he enclosed the depths:

Proverbs 8:28
When he established the sky above, and poised the fountains of waters:

Proverbs 8:29
When he compassed the sea with its bounds, and set a law to the waters that they should not pass their limits: when be balanced the foundations of the earth;

Proverbs 8:30
I was with him forming all things: and was delighted every day, playing before him at all times;

Proverbs 8:31
Playing in the world: and my delights were to be with the children of men.

Proverbs 8:32
Now therefore, ye children, hear me: Blessed are they that keep my ways.

Proverbs 8:33
Hear instruction and be wise, and refuse it not.

Proverbs 8:34
Blessed is the man that heareth me, and that watcheth daily at my gates, and waiteth at the posts of my doors.

Proverbs 8:35
He that shall find me, shall find life, and shall have salvation from the Lord:

Proverbs 8:36
But he that shall sin against me, shall hurt his own soul. All that hate me love death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Douay Bible - Jeremiah Chapter 26

Douay Bible - Proverbs Chapter 12

Douay Bible - Judith Chapter 11