Douay Bible - Psalms Chapter 40

Psalms 40:1
Unto the end, a psalm for David himself.

Psalms 40:2
Blessed is he that understandeth concerning the needy and the poor : the Lord will deliver him in the evil day.

Psalms 40:3
The Lord preserve him and give him life, and make him blessed upon the earth : and deliver him not up to the will of his enemies.

Psalms 40:4
The Lord help him on his bed of sorrow : thou hast turned all his couch in his sickness.

Psalms 40:5
I said: O Lord, be thou merciful to me : heal my soul, for I have sinned against thee.

Psalms 40:6
My enemies have spoken evils against me: when shall he die and his name perish?

Psalms 40:7
And if he came in to see me, he spoke vain things : his heart gathered together iniquity to itself. He went out and spoke to the same purpose.

Psalms 40:8
All my enemies whispered together against me : they devised evils to me.

Psalms 40:9
They determined against me an unjust word : shall he that sleepeth rise again no more?

Psalms 40:10
For even the man of peace, in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, hath greatly supplanted me.

Psalms 40:11
But thou, O Lord, have mercy on me, and raise me up again : and I will requite them.

Psalms 40:12
By this I know, that thou hast had a good will for me : because my enemy shall not rejoice over me.

Psalms 40:13
But thou hast upheld me by reason of my innocence : and hast established me in thy sight for ever.

Psalms 40:14
Blessed by the Lord the God of Israel from eternity to eternity. So be it. So be it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Douay Bible - Jeremiah Chapter 26

Douay Bible - Proverbs Chapter 12

Douay Bible - Judith Chapter 11